March 17, 2008

Seeking the road to justice

IT WAS A fine day until I switched on my computer at office and found a link in a pop up that landed me on Sakshi Juneja’s blog. I went through it and for a minute could not believe what I was reading. One of my team members and who has been a role model for the youth of this country was spilling the venom on me. I was shocked and failed to understand as to what led to my involvement in this.

That was followed by the blame game, of passing comments that sometimes supported him and sometimes me. I felt like running away from all the mess and all that appeared me. I literally asked myself if I really deserve such a treatment and that too at the time where I was concerned for the security of my family and was busy running after the UP Police and the media to help me out? Ironically even this was questioned by this person who went around saying that I was faking it. I don’t know why and how but he had reasoned that if it had been the truth then how come only I was being threatened and not him or others who were part of the campaign to ensure justice to my friend Priyadarshini Mattoo.

People used to claim and demand the credits for their support. People were doing everything and anything to prove that I have nothing to do with Priyadarshini Mattoo. I did it only and only for publicity and for becoming popular.

People maligned me on net, on blogs, in conferences, within the circle of journalists, within my community and even those whom I helped during their struggle turned against me. And the worst part of it was the UP Police, which made me go crazy. My covers were removed all of a sudden and I stand cornered from everywhere. My character was assassinated, my integrity was questioned, my commitment and the relation with the deceased and a dear friend was put in question, my relation with the family of Priya was put in question, my family was tarnished etc., etc. People tried every medium to pull me down. I became so unpopular that even the Media turned against me.

All the time I kept on thinking and analyzing as to what was my fault? This Question made me so restless that I lost interest in everything. It was because of this reason that I didn’t go to Supreme Court when the appeal filed by Santosh Singh was accepted. I was agitated, frustrated and deeply hurt. I wanted to end this saga. I withdrew myself into shell. I lost hope of bringing the truth out in the open once again. I lost faith on humanity and on a relationship like friendship. I had no courage to face these imposters. I had no strength to counter them. I was shattered to pieces.

I was not only the monster figure for Santosh Singh but also to my very own people who saw me as a threat or maybe something more than what it appears...The threat was not only from those against whom I raged the war but from my very own people. This was dirty and sick...How could they? Why did they? God!

I was living in my own world of fear and dejection and all of a sudden one fine day my cell phone rang. I answered it and on the other side it was the most soothing voice I had ever heard. It was the voice of my uncle, C. L. Mattoo. He just told me one thing that Indu remember no matter what world says I see Priya in you and don’t give up. Your friend’s wishes and my blessings are with you. Come out of this shell and fight it. The way you fought for justice for your friend Priyadarshini.

He has been like this ever since the fight for justice began. Every time I lost faith he brought it back in my life. Every time my opponents struck me, he made me bounce back with his spirit to fight for righteousness. Every time my integrity was questioned he put his hand over my head. Every time I felt I was alone he was standing next to me.

I got an answer to my Question that I didn’t deserve what I was getting and with the help of my Uncle, family, friends and people of this nation will beat all the odds and let truth and justice prevail. We will bounce back. Even if it takes 10 more years, as it did in my friend Priyadarshini Mattoo’s case.

The on going fight for Justice will continue till I am alive. No one and nothing can deter me from going for it.
(http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=124417)

No comments:

Post a Comment